Friday, January 22, 2010

Self Portrait: "Chevy-man"

Had the pleasure of talking with international photographer Michael Ayers out of Lima, Ohio the other day and the conversation turned to his recently purchased '39 Chevy Pickup. Beautiful condition, 30,000 miles on a 60 year old classic. So I found one of my favorite Chevy shirts and wore it "undercover" to the studio today and decided to create an image just for him (and any other Chevy guy/gal out there). This is my rendition of a "Chevy-man" self-portrait. Thanks Michael for the great conversation and I look forward to your seminar with the Chicagoland Professional Photographers Association next month! Carpe diem.

2 comments:

Matthew Ayers said...

To the crazy CHEVY-MAN "Dan":
Great picture! Now I just need get you in a portrait with our 60 year old truck! Too bad I'm not driving it to Chi-Town in February! We'll have to get you out here to see it. We are still trying to figure out which factory it was buit in! All the best!

Jessie said...

Love this!